It could be hinted that most people prefer to read in portrait mode as it feels more natural and intuitive. Namely, It’s the default mode on devices for a reason.
Nevertheless, landscape mode offers viewing advantages that portrait mode does not. For example, if you are reading a book with many images, by using landscape mode you will be able to see these photos much better.
And luckily, just as you can change the font size on your Kindle, you can also change the screen orientation. In this article we explain how you can put landscape mode on your kindle so you can get the most out of your device.
Steps to put landscape mode on Kindle
Steps to enable landscape mode on Kindle
You can activate landscape mode on any Kindle. In the case of Kindle Oasisyou can make this mode turn on automatically by turning the device 180 degrees instead of 90, which is what people are usually used to.
But if you don’t have a Kindle Oasis, these are the steps you should follow to activate landscape mode:
- First, you must open any book on Kindle.
- Touch the top of the screen and you will see how a menu of options will be displayed.
- Now, you need to select the button with the label oh to open the settings menu.
- Then locate the option Page and section it so that you can see all the configuration options related to the appearance of the screen when reading.
- Look for the section Orientation. You will notice that portrait mode will be on by default.
- You must select the icon that looks like a page in landscape position. It may take a moment, but you’ll see the text rotate and reorient itself based on what you’ve selected.
And that’s it, it’s that easy to activate landscape mode on your Kindle. I hope this article has been helpful to you. And if you want to further customize your Kindle reading experience, I recommend you take a look at how to install custom fonts on your Amazon Kindle.