Intel has announced that the graphics drivers it will offer for certain old and new processors will switch to a new classification structure. announced. The chipmaker has decided to move its 6th and 10th generation processors to a legacy support model.
In this context, only critical fixes and vulnerabilities will be provided for processors from Skylake to Comet Lake family. As a result, the processors you see in the list below will no longer receive “Day 0” game support updates. The change applies to all models in the lineup, including Core, Atom, Celeron and Xeon chips.
The blue team aims to distribute software updates in quarterly increments. Early updates will be available if there are critical issues or security vulnerabilities. Intel’s 11th Gen Rocket Lake and newer processors will continue to receive regularly released drivers and game optimizations.
The company will now bundle the two drivers in the same package. The drivers will include driver files for 10th generation and older processors as well as 11th generation and newer models. The installation steps remain the same: we will download the file and run it. The setup file will automatically select the appropriate driver for your system and we will not be in a dilemma.
According to the latest Steam Hardware Survey, less than 2% of Steam users play games on Intel’s UHD Graphics. Intel’s new driver model won’t affect most consumers, as the chipmaker will continue to offer security updates.
Affected Intel Processors
- 10th Gen Intel Core processors (Ice Lake).
- 10th Generation Intel Core processors (Comet Lake).
- 9th Gen Intel Core processors (Coffee Lake-R).
- 8th Generation Intel Core processors (Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake).
- Intel Pentium and Celeron processor family codenamed Gemini Lake.
- 7th Generation Intel Core processors (Kaby Lake).
- 6th Generation Intel Core processors (Skylake).
- Pentium and Celeron processor family codenamed Jasper Lake.
- Intel Core processors with Hybrid Technology codenamed Lakefield.
- Intel Atom, Pentium and Celeron processor family codenamed Elkhart Lake.