Do you want to know when a heat wave will arrive without having to constantly check the weather apps? Well, we explain a way to receive timely alerts when the temperature in your area will exceed the temperature you want.
With climate change, heat waves are going to increase in number and also in intensity, they are two aspects that, unfortunately, we are experiencing this summer in Spain. Suffocating temperatures, non-stop nights, inability to get enough sleep… Many are the consequences of a heat wave. And there are several ways to anticipate them, the mobile is the best tool.
A universal tool to receive high temperature alerts: IFTTT
IFTTT recipe to alert with temperatures above 32 degrees Celsius
Whether you have an Android or an iPhone mobile: with IFTTT you have at your fingertips an excellent way to get timely notifications according to the temperature in your area have foresight to rise above the degrees you desire. That after 35 degrees you prefer not to leave the house? Well, your mobile will notify you when you are going to overcome them.
Weather apps include rain warnings but, interestingly, they have not extended this type of punctual alerts to the temperature (with the heat waves in full ascent that will surely change). While apps expand on those warnings, you can easily customize a temperature alert using the IFTTT app.
The platform that allows you to automate a multitude of actions in a simple way also includes a temperature warning option. For it, IFTTT makes use of the Weather Underground platform, a service that offers weather forecasts for very specific places. You can configure alerts by following these steps:
- Download the IFTTT app to your phone. It is available for both Android and iOS.
- Open the app and create an account to be able to use the tools. If you already had a user, log in to IFTTT.
- Go to the bottom tab “Create” and click on “Add” to create a trigger triggering automatic action (trigger).
- Type “weather” in the search box above and enter the Weather Underground options.
- Choose the option “Tomorrow’s high rises above“. With this setting you will trigger the action if the temperature rises above what you think is appropriate.
- Select “Celsius” and write in “Temperature” the figure you deem appropriate. We will mark 32 degrees.
- Select the area where you live to have Weather Underground notify you when the temperature rises. Then click on “Create trigger”.
- Click on “Add” to trigger the action (“Then that”).
- Type in the search engine “Notifications” and choose that menu.
- Choose “Send a notification from the IFTTT app” and translate the message to your liking. Click on “Create action”.
- Click on next and finish the automation with “Finish”.
- Obviously, you will have to authorize notifications from the IFTTT app to receive future temperature alerts.
With this automation you will receive a warning if the forecast temperature exceeds the degrees you stipulated. It is a very useful way to be alert for future heat waves without the need to constantly check the weather applications.