Is TikTok already blinding you with its white background? U.S. too. TikTok is a very addictive app for its content, but it expels you with its default theme that is not at all friendly to the eyes, especially at night. And the worst thing is that TikTok does not allow you to change the theme, since the application does not have a dark mode. However, if you’re on a Windows PC or Mac, there is a way to enable a dark mode for TikTok.
With the method that we will explain below you will be able to see TikTok in dark mode from your computer, without having to install any applications or modify the other web pages in the browser. In addition, it is a very simple method that will not take you more than two minutes. Let’s go there…
Steps to Activate TikTok Dark Mode on PC
How to activate the dark mode of TikTok on PC
For put TikTok in dark mode from your PC You don’t have to download the platform app for PC, because it’s exactly the same as the web version. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open TikTok in your computer’s browser (Chrome, Opera, or Mozilla).
- Install the Stylus extension with the following links:
- Once you’ve added Stylus to your browser, hit this link to activate TikTok’s dark mode.
- Press the button install style which is on the left side.
- Clever! You can now close all the web pages you have opened. Head over to TikTok and you’ll see that it has dark mode turned on..
Now you can enjoy TikTok with a black background so your eyes don’t suffer. The advantage of this method is that it only activates the dark mode in TikTok, so all other web pages will continue to have the light theme or their original default theme.
How to disable TikTok dark mode on PC
Now if you want return to TikTok with light themeyou just have to do the following:
- Open your web browser on PC and go to tiktok.
- Press the extensions button which is usually in the upper right corner.
- Choose Stylus.
- Uncheck the box that says TikTok Dark Theme.
That is all! Thus, you will disable the dark theme of TikTok if you had activated it with the previously explained method. If you enabled dark mode in another way on your PC, the steps to disable it are similar: you have to disable the extension that changed the TikTok theme or the Chrome flag that did it.
By the way, this TikTok dark mode is open source and was devised by GitHub user blyad2137. So you can be sure that respect your privacy and it doesn’t do anything weird on your PC.