Did you not like the new Gmail sidebar at all or do you want to return to its previous design? Well luckily there is a way to do it.. If you still don’t have either of them, don’t despair, there is also a way to force its activation.
Gmail has been testing some changes to its interface for several months now. Nevertheless, they recently made the decision to deploy a new section to a large part of their users. If you’ve been in your tray recently, you’ve probably noticed some new features, including an app sidebar.
said bar allows you to access other tools of the service, such as Google Meet, Chat, Spaces or your mailbox. Thus, Google not only hopes that you access them more easily, but also that you use them more often. However, some may find a second bar excessive, considering that the main one already takes up quite a bit of space.
This is especially true when working split screen, or if you have a small screen laptop. But don’t worry, making the bar disappear or go back to the previous design is extremely easy, and you just have to follow these steps.
How to turn off the new Gmail design and go back to the previous version
The process is simple. Luckily, Gmail has made it easy for those who want to turn the new interface on or off without going too far. the only thing you need is enter your email account from your PC browser.
- With your session logged in, look for the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Now, among the first menu options, you will see a call Return to the original view. Select it.
- You can choose to give Google details of your reasons behind this decision. If you don’t want to do it, just click on Reload.
- The page will reload. When it returns, you’ll be able to see your Gmail inbox in its former glory. All the options will be there again.
If you want to go back to the new version, you just have to follow the same procedure. Instead of the option Return to the original viewyou will find another call Try the new view of Gmail. Select it and you will have the new interface.
How to remove the new app sidebar
- Once you’ve logged in, look for the gear icon in the top right corner.
- When you touch it, a small menu will open that allows you to customize your inbox.
- Find the section Apps in Gmail. She should be among the first places.
- tap on Personalize.
- A window will open with available apps for Gmail. If you want to remove the sidebar, just deselect all the options. In case you want to make her appear, do the opposite of that last step.
- tap on Clever.
Now, Gmail will ask you to reload the page. When you do, you will see that the applications sidebar will have disappeared – or appeared, depending on your preferences.