Apple’s Calendar app is a relatively easy iPhone or iPad app to use, but it still takes a while to figure out when you first start. You can add multiple calendars, share events, set alarms, and more to keep your day-to-day activities organized.
Here’s an overview of everything you need to know to get started with Apple’s Calendar app on your iPhone and iPad.
What are the different views you can see on the Calendar app?
Before diving into the various features of the Calendar app, it is important to look at the different views available in it. There are currently five different views you can use: Daily, weekly, Monthly, annualAnd list,
to switch between annual, MonthlyAnd Daily View, all you have to do is tap on a date to zoom in or out. Starting from annual viewTap on any month to switch monthly viewand then proceed date daily scene, Similarly, you can tap the Back button in the top-left corner to switch Daily To Monthly and then to annual view, These views are best for tracking dates and seeing what day of the week a particular date falls on, such as what day of the week is your birthday.
for one weekly view of your calendar, open daily scene in the Calendar app and turn your iPhone sideways. This will show you a view of your entire week.
finally comes list View, which is a list of all your events in chronological order. You can tap on events to view details of them. switch on list View By tapping on the icon with three horizontal lines and three dots daily scene either weekly view,
Once you’re familiar with all the ideas and why each one is important, you can start using Apple’s Calendar app to add multiple calendars and events.
set multiple calendars on calendar app
Multiple calendars will help you keep track of all kinds of events. You can create a calendar for work meetings and a calendar for social events, then customize the calendar colors so that it’s immediately clear what each event belongs to. Here’s how to create multiple calendars:
- tap CALENDARS choose more add calendar Below
- to select add calendar To create a calendar in your iCloud account. This means that you can view this calendar on all devices connected to your iCloud.
- to select Add Membership Calendar To add a read-only, external calendar by entering its URL.
Apple Calendar also has the option to add a calendar from another service like Google, Outlook, and Yahoo, or from another iCloud account. To do this, go to Settings>Calendar>Account>Add Account,
Choose which calendars you can see
After you set up multiple calendars, you can always toggle the calendars you want to show and the ones you want to hide at any time. going on vacation? Hide the calendar with all work-related events and bring it back when you return. Here’s how you can do it:
- tap CALENDARS,
- A colored tick next to the calendar indicates that the calendar is shown. tap on tick Hide the icon calendar to make the tick disappear, and vice versa.
- If there is a tick next to all the calendars in the app, you will see hide all down to hide all calendars at once. If one or more calendars are hidden, you will see show all rather than.
Customize your calendar color
Another useful step after adding more than one calendar is to color them to help them stay organized. Here’s how to change the color of your calendar:
- tap CALENDARS on the bottom.
- tap on information (i) Button next to the calendar for which you want to customize the color.
- Select the dialog box below color,
- Select or tap from the list of options custom for more options.
- tap Back and press Complete, You will now see the selected color next to your calendar.
All events for a particular calendar will appear in calendar color, so a quick glance at the colors on your calendar will tell you what types of events are on your schedule.
Create, delete and edit events
Birthdays, anniversaries, social events, or family gatherings are all great examples of events you’ll want to add to your Calendar app. Follow these steps to create an event:
- tap on plus (+) Sign in at the top of the app.
- Enter all required details for an event, such as title, location and time.
- press add,
After you’ve created a calendar event, you can easily edit it by tapping and holding on it edit, This can be done any time you want to change the date, time, title, or any other details. If it’s canceled, you can delete an event from the Calendar app by opening it and tapping on delete event To remove it from your calendar.
If you can’t find a specific event or want to see its details, you can search for it by tapping on the magnifying glass and typing in the title of your event. search bar,
Add Events with Siri
Finding typing too tedious? You can add all your events using Siri to save yourself the trouble. To use Siri to add an event, follow these steps:
- Make sure Siri is enabled on your iPhone or iPad before you begin Settings > Siri,
- Say “Hey Siri” To activate Siri, then place your command.
- An example of what you might say would be “Sarah’s scheduling a party at 8 p.m. next week.” Create an event with Siri based on the details you provided.
- speak or press confirm To add the event to your calendar.
Never miss an event alert by turning on
Now that you’ve set up your calendars and additional events, make sure you never miss any of them by turning on event alerts. This is the best way to remember an upcoming birthday, anniversary, or other important event. You can use alerts to remember to buy a gift or to make necessary preparations in advance. Here’s how they work:
- Tap and hold on an event edit,
- to select Warning,
- You will find a range of different times from A week ago To event time, take your pick.
- If you want another alert, tap second alert Right down and select a second time.
Share your calendar with friends and family
You’ve got your Calendar app all set up now, so you can share the calendar with a family member or friend to let them know what you’re up to. Here’s how to share a calendar through iCloud by entering someone’s name or email address:
- tap CALENDARS bottom of the screen.
- select the information (i) button next to the calendar you want to share.
- tap on add person,
- Type or tap a contact name or email address plus (+) Button to select a contact.
- press add,
The Calendar app is probably a lot easier to use than you think
The Calendar app is the perfect way to stay organized and make sure you’re on top of things every day. Several features make the app extremely efficient and accessible to all, making it one of the best calendar apps on iPhone.