what to know
- Hide Your IP Address in Safari: Adjustment , Safari , hide ip address > Tap on Favorites option.
- Use iCloud Private Relay: Adjustment , [your name] , iCloud , private relay > move slider to on/green,
- Other options for hiding your IP address include using a VPN and using an ad blocker.
This article explains how to use the built-in tools to hide your IP address on the iPhone and what happens when you do.
How to Hide Your IP Address on iPhone in Safari?
The iPhone gives you several free, built-in tools to hide your iPhone’s IP address from websites, ad trackers, and other parties looking for your data. Your IP, or Internet Protocol, address is a unique address assigned to your iPhone when it is online that can be used to track your activity, build your profile, and target ads or sell data.
One of the most important places to hide your IP address is in the Safari web browser. This is where most parties that want to track your IP will try to access it. Follow these steps to hide your IP in Apple’s pre-installed Safari browser:
tap hide ip address,
On this screen, you have two options:
- Trackers and Websites: It blocks advertising technology that follows you on many different websites, as well as preventing websites you visit directly from tracking your IP.
- Trackers only: It only blocks ad trackers, but lets websites see your IP. You may need it if a website requires that you be in a certain country to access it (your IP can be used to determine which country you are in) or if you have There are work websites that are specifically configured to work with your IP.
Tap the option you prefer and your IP will be hidden in Safari.
How to Hide Your IP Address on iPhone Using iCloud Private Relay?
While Safari is how trackers track your IP, it’s not the only way. Ad trackers can be invisibly inserted into emails sent to you. Apps can do all kinds of tracking, including your IP, to help build a user profile that can be sold to targeted ads (app tracking transparency can help with this). So, if you are really serious about hiding your IP and maintaining your privacy, you need to take another step.
Apple’s iCloud Private Relay is similar to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and can hide your IP address. This is included with all paid iCloud+ plans (starting at as low as US$0.99/month). When iCloud Private Relay is enabled on your iPhone, your IP address is hidden from everyone—even Apple!
To enable iCloud Private Relay, first make sure you have iCloud+ and then follow these steps:
tap [your name],
tap private relay,
run private relay slider to on/green,
tap ip address space,
This lets you control how your iPhone appears to trackers and websites. This is important if you need to be in a certain country and/or time zone to use certain sites or programs. tap either maintain normal space either Use country and time zone,
Blocking your IP is a useful privacy measure that usually won’t give you problems. However, there are some situations in which you need to find out your IP. For example, if you subscribe to a streaming service that offers different content in different countries, the service may use your IP to determine which country you are in. If it can’t do this, it may block your access. Some work programs and tools also rely on seeing that you are connected to a company-owned internal IP. In those cases, you may have to deactivate your IP address blockers.
Other Ways to Hide Your IP Address on iPhone
The two methods mentioned so far are easy and powerful ways to hide your IP address on your iPhone, but they are not the only option. Some other options to consider include:
- Mail Privacy Protection: This feature built into iOS 15 and above blocks ad trackers that are invisibly embedded in emails. enable it by going to Adjustment , Match , Privacy protection > move protect mail activity On/green the slider.
- Hide IP in Cellular Settings: You can block ad trackers in both Mail and Safari with just one setting. go for Adjustment , cellular , cellular data options > move Limit IP address tracking On/green the slider.
- VPN: When you connect to the Internet using a VPN, all the data you send and receive is routed through a highly secure VPN connection. It hides your IP. As mentioned above, iCloud Private Relay is similar to a VPN, but you can also subscribe to paid VPN services.
- ad blocker: If you are most concerned about hiding your IP address from ad trackers, the above tips about Safari and Mail will be of great help. If you want to go one step further, install a third-party ad blocking app. Make sure the one you choose can block trackers.
How do I change the IP address on your iPhone?
To change the IP address on your iPhone, go here Adjustment , Wi-Fi tap more Information (i) Icon next to the network name. tap lease renewal , lease renewal (to confirm). Renewing the lease can reset your router’s DHCP.
How do I Find IP Address on iPhone?
go for Adjustment , Wi-Fi tap more information (i) icon next to the network name. Under IPv4 Address, you can see your IP address. If you want to change it manually here, tap configure ip and enter a new address.
How do I Find the MAC Address on the iPhone?
Your iPhone’s MAC address is called a Wi-Fi address. To find the MAC address on an iPhone, go here Adjustment , General , about , Wi-Fi address, You will see it listed on the right.
Thanks for telling us!
Tell us why!
Difficult to understand other not enough details