your account WhatsApp It is one of the things that you do not want to fall into the wrong hands, since here you usually store, send and share very personal information, such as: bank accounts, passwords, addresses, etc.; however, you must be very careful when linking your account to WhatsApp Web, especially if it is a computer or laptop that does not belong to you. In this opportunity, from Mag we will teach you a simple trick so that you discover if your conversations are being spied on without you realizing it. Take note.
It is true that WhatsApp It has end-to-end encryption, a security and privacy mechanism where only you and the people you chat with are able to read, see or listen to everything that is sent, not even WhatsApp can have access to that content, but , there are other ways in which someone can be spying on your conversations without your knowledge, and this is due to a mistake that many users make when they enter WhatsApp Web.
It is an oversight that most commit due to overconfidence, “Leave the session open when they enter WhatsApp Web”, if you do it on your home PC or laptop, your account will remain open even if you close the browser tab, unless you move your cell phone far away from the computer or turn off the internet access of the smartphone, then the session will be automatically closed.
With the arrival of the new “Multi-device” mode (which is still in the development stage), you will have to get used to logging out of your account anyway, since the purpose of this tool is for you to use all versions of WhatsApp from Independently from the cell phone, it means that you will be able to chat on WhatsApp Web and Desktop even if the mobile is turned off. Having clarified this, discover how you can be spied on by WhatsApp Web and what you should do to avoid it.
- First, check that the mobile app of WhatsApp have no pending updates on the Android Google Play or iOS Apps Store.
- Now, open the application and click on the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, press where it says ”Linked devices”.
- Scroll down until you reach the “Device Status” section.
- All open sessions will appear with date and time, if someone is reviewing your conversations in time you will see “Active session”.
- Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Desktop devices and browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge may appear, if you do not recognize any press it and then choose “Logout”.
- unofficial apps: you can say goodbye to your account if WhatsApp detects that you use modified applications, such as: “WhatsApp Plus”, “Fouad WhatsApp”, “GB WhatsApp”, etc.
- Spread phishing and fake promotions: Normally, these types of messages are spread by cybercriminals, who try to send their WhatsApp scams in bulk. The objective is to make you believe that you have won a prize or cash, in order for you to follow a series of steps, among them, installing an application that has a dangerous malware virus that would put your personal information and even bank details at risk.
- Rumors and extortion: If you are one of those people who only shares disinformation that produces chaos, paranoia and even threats, you can also be sanctioned not only temporarily, but forever, of course, as long as users report the message you have sent.
- WhatsApp groups: You should never name your conversation “Pedophilia”, otherwise WhatsApp will block not only you, but also the members of that group.
Follow us on our social networks:
- Twitter: @Mag_ECpe
- Facebook: Mag.
- Youtube: Mag.
- Instagram: @mag_peru