WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging platform in the world, currently it already exceeds 4 billion users and the number continues to rise, however, the aforementioned application would have more users if it were not for the versions “unofficial”, according to Meta, such as: WhatsApp Plus. This is a modified APK that gives you a range of tools, something that has served WhatsApp because it has copied certain functions that they did not have and that users have been requesting for a long time.
It is true, WhatsApp Plus has better functions than the official app, but that does not mean that it is better, since whatsapp messenger It guarantees security because it has end-to-end encryption, which means that only you and the person with whom you chat are the only ones capable of reading, seeing or listening to everything that is sent.
- Sending large files: This year, WhatsApp left behind the scarce 100 MB that it offered you as a limit to send a multimedia file, since now you are going to share elements that weigh up to 2 GB at most.
- Chat personalization: WhatsApp Messenger already allows you to add a different background to each conversation, you can also apply a light or dark theme.
- Status “Online”: Although it has not yet reached the official app, WhatsApp is testing in its beta version who can see your connection status and which contacts this information is blocked.
- Photos and videos without compression: if you don’t want to lose the quality of the photos and videos you should send them as documents.
- See statuses without them knowing, listen to audios and read messages without the double blue check appearing: this tool has been on WhatsApp for years, by deactivating the read confirmation you will be able to see statuses, listen to audios and read messages without your friends knowing that you have seen the content of their conversation. Does not apply to group chats.
- Unlock the app with fingerprint: Some mobiles are compatible with an important security and privacy function of WhatsApp, since to enter your account and see your chats you must first place your fingerprint.
- automatic responses: WhatsApp has different versions, one of these is WhatsApp Business, which has the option of automatic responses to the messages you receive.
- temporary messages: in each conversation you can activate this function so that your messages, documents, photos, videos and audios disappear after 24 hours, 7 or 90 days.
- unofficial apps: you can say goodbye to your account if WhatsApp detects that you use modified applications, such as: “WhatsApp Plus”, “Fouad WhatsApp”, “GB WhatsApp”, etc.
- Spread phishing and fake promotions: Normally, these types of messages are spread by cybercriminals, who try to send their WhatsApp scams in bulk. The objective is to make you believe that you have won a prize or cash, in order for you to follow a series of steps, among them, installing an application that has a dangerous malware virus that would put your personal information and even bank details at risk.
- Rumors and extortion: If you are one of those people who only shares disinformation that produces chaos, paranoia and even threats, you can also be sanctioned not only temporarily, but forever, of course, as long as users report the message you have sent.
- WhatsApp groups: You should never name your conversation “Pedophilia”, otherwise WhatsApp will block not only you, but also the members of that group.