All people are exposed to being victims of crime in their country, whether on the street, public transport, school, etc., and the first thing that criminals steal from you is your mobile phone, a device that is usually expensive and very easy to sell, however, you should be prepared if you find yourself in a similar situation and know what is the first thing you should do. In this opportunity, from Mag we will offer you a series of recommendations that will help you to take care of all the information that you have stored in your cell phone with operating system Android.
Before we start, we will tell you that there are certain previous security configurations that you should make as soon as you acquire a smartphonefor example: add a pattern, password, PIN, keep the location active and enable the “Secure Lock” function, a tool so that no one is able to turn off the cell phone without first knowing the password, in this way you will prevent someone from easily accessing to the content you are going to save on the device.
- First, stay calm, it is very important after being mugged.
- SIM card lock can wait, don’t worry.
- Then, in case you have banking applications without security, you must contact the banks that provide you with the services and request the blocking of your accounts where you save your money.
- Now, proceed to block the SIM card and the equipment.
- If you have activated the “Secure lock” and have the GPS active, you can track your smartphone, but for your safety, do it in the company of a police authority.
- To find your phone enter this link https://www.google.com/android/find from any device. You must first sign in with your Google account that you have registered on the stolen device.
- A map will appear where you can see the location of the phone, you just have to see a green point with a drawing of a smartphone.
- You will also get other data, such as: the brand, model and the amount of battery.
- At the bottom you have three options: the first, gives you the option to play a sound for five minutes that cannot be turned off in any way (so it will be easier to find the mobile when you are close to it); the second locks the device and allows you to display a security message and a button to call a contact (you also sign out of your Google account, but you will still be able to track the device); and the third, removes all data from the smartphone (you will no longer be able to track it).
- It is also recommended to access all your social networks or emails from a PC and log out of all devices.
- Go to “Settings” Android.
- Find and enter the “Lock Screen” section.
- A new window will open. Here tap on “Secure Lock Setting”.
- The next step is to enter your password, PIN, fingerprint or security pattern to continue.
- Finally, activate the options “Lock with side key” and “Lock network and security”.
You just reinforced the security of your cell phone Android and the information you store inside it. Before trying the secure lock, check that you do not have the “Trusted places” function activated, since the phone will unlock only when you press the on or off button or double-tap the screen, this happens because the device recognizes that It is located in your home, work office, university, etc. If you do not have this configuration, lock your cell phone, try to turn it off and you will see that it will ask you to enter the pattern, PIN, or password.
- Surely when you pulled down the notification bar you saw the “Nearby” icon.
- This is represented as a knotted bow. What is it for?
- Well, like Bluetooth, it tends to be able to share all the photos and videos you want in seconds.
- This is much faster than infrared or Bluetooth itself.
- In order to activate it, you simply have to link your cell phone with the other mobile in order to share information.
- Best of all, you don’t need mobile data or connect to the same Wi-Fi network to use it.
- “Nearby” is characterized by being fast and stable during the transfer of photos or videos from one cell phone to another.
Follow us on our social networks:
- Twitter: @Mag_ECpe
- Facebook: Mag.
- Youtube: Mag.
- Instagram: @mag_peru