AMD has released the Adrenaline Edition 22.7.1 software for Radeon graphics card owners with many new developments. The new driver comes with the highly anticipated AMD Noise Suppression technology and OpenGL optimizations.
Noise Suppression is a new feature that reduces incoming background noise while on a call or playing multiplayer games. The new technology of the red team works on the input and output devices of AMD-based systems. The bad part is that you need to have a Ryzen 5000 (Vermeer) series or newer processor.
Another major improvement in the Adrenaline Edition 22.7.1 driver is improved OpenGL performance. AMD says that with the new driver, we can achieve up to 90% higher FPS values compared to Minecraft’s previous (22.6.1) driver.
Based on AMD’s internal Minecraft tests with the Ryzen 7 5800X3D chip at 4K resolution, the Radeon RX 6750 XT showed a 90% improvement in frame rates. The Radeon RX 6800 XT performed up to 92% better, and the Radeon RX 6950 XT up to 89% better.
AMD also announced that RSR (Radeon Super Resolution) is now supported by Radeon RX 5000 and RX 6000 GPUs found in AMD Ryzen laptops with hybrid graphics. As for another improvement, RSR will now work in games with the frameless full screen option.
- AMD Noise Suppression: New technology to reduce background sound noises from the environment around you using a real-time deep learning algorithm.
- OpenGL Optimizations:
- Up to 79% performance increase on Radeon ️RX 6950 XT compared to legacy drive.
- Up to 75% performance increase with Radeon RX 6400 compared to legacy drive.
- Radeon Super Resolution:
- Extended support for external Radeon RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on laptops with AMD Ryzen processors with hybrid graphics.
- RSR has been enhanced to provide a smoother experience in borderless fullscreen mode with a performance/quality slider to customize your gaming experience.
- Swordsman Remake support.
- Radeon Boost technology with Variable Rate Shading that works better in games like Elden Ring, Resident Evil Village and Valorant.
- Microsoft Windows 11 version 22H2 compatible.
- Microsoft Agility SDK Version 1.602, including new minor features.
- Microsoft Agility SDK Version 1.606, including Microsoft Shader Model 6.7.
- Additional Vulcan extensions.
- Lower than expected with OpenCL API on some AMD graphics cards like Radeon RX 6800 [email protected] computing performance.
- Disabling the Zero RPM fan feature of Auto Undervolt.
- Freezes when quickly switching between windows in Fullscreen Custom mode while playing Hitman 3.
- Image appears blurry when upscaling video in browsers.
- Enhanced Sync feature causing games to lock to 15 FPS with video playback on extended monitors.
Fatih, who has been intertwined with technology and games from a young age, is happy to conduct research and convey his experiences to people.