I think it will surprise no one to learn that Google has the ability to see your activity on the web and your activity in the apps you use.
Although news came out some time ago that Google will respect the privacy of new users, it is clear that they still continue to monitor their users at all times. Since, this is the only way in which they can offer you a service in a personalized way, such as, for example, at the time of show you advertising.
That may not bother some people and they may even see it as something beneficial. In the end, There is no denying that it is useful to receive personalized service.
However, in case you are uncomfortable with being monitored at all times by Google, we will explain how can you avoid it.
How to disable Google tracking on websites and apps
Before you follow the procedure to deactivate this Google option, you must take into account that Google uses this information to provide you with a personalized service.
Which means that when you disable this option, you will notice a difference when using applications like YouTube or when doing quick searches. And the changes you’ll notice won’t exactly be improvements. That’s the price to pay for a little more privacy.
Once that point has been clarified, these are the steps you should follow so that Google does not have access to your activity:
- Launch the Google app and tap on your profile picture.
- Choose Manage my Google profile.
- go to Data and privacy.
- Scroll down until you find the option Activity on the web and in applications and select it.
- Then press Deactivate.
- And finally, select pause.
- You can follow the same steps in case you want re-enable this option.
When entering the section Activity on the web and in Applications, below, you will be able to see different icons, which represent the different applications from which Google collects information.
If you take the time to review each of them, you will notice the large amount of information that Google collects about your activity.
How to delete your Google activity history automatically
There is also the option where you can delete this Google history. And you can even program this option so that your history automatically deleted from time to time. The only thing you have to do is the following:
- Go to the section of Activity on the web and in Applications.
- At the bottom, you will see the option Choose an automatic removal option, you must select it.
- Once there, you must select the box Automatically delete activity after.
- You will have the possibility to choose how often you want your history to be deleted. Choose the option that seems best to you and select Following.
- Then press Confirm. In this way you will be programming your history to be deleted automatically.
And if you are interested in knowing more ways to increase your privacy, We explain how you can avoid being spied on by deleting your Google Maps history.