The Maps app is one of the most useful apps on the iPhone, but not everyone knows how to make the most of it. And is that Maps not only serves as an indicator to get to a site. If you want to know how to get more out of this app, in this post we will tell you some of the most interesting tricks to achieve it.
Although this application created by Apple has not yet reached the same level as Google Maps, it has some very good and remarkable aspects. And it is that it offers the possibility of downloading the maps in PDF version so that you can consult them whenever you want even when you are offline.
Use these tricks to get the most out of it
We bring you a list with some of the most striking Maps tricks, which you may not have known about and which can make the use of this app even more efficient. Here are some:
- Get to know the city you want using Flyover: Thanks to this mode you can fly over the city and zoom in on the different buildings. But however, Apple has not included this functionality in all cities, so it is more than likely that yours does not have this function yet. If you want to see the different areas of a city, you have to move your phone up, sideways or down. You can change the view if you keep your finger pressed on the screen and rotate the other in circular movements. If your city does not yet support this mode, please note that Apple is adding new cities little by little.
- Activate compass mode: if you are lost, either in the mountains or reaching some direction, you will need to find the exact direction to follow. To do this, you just have to tap once on the bottom left, on the location icon. Once the app has located you, tap on the same icon again and the compass will locate you.
- Export the map in PDF format: eIn the Mac version, there is a somewhat hidden function that allows you to export the map you are viewing to a PDF file. Select File from the menu and then Export as PDF. The file that is generated will use the default zoom, but you can move it manually to choose the one you like best.
- Find popular apps in your location: When you’re in a location, Apple Maps gives you the ability to learn about the most popular apps in that area. A somewhat curious function that we imagine will serve more to find possible taxi apps, opinions of nearby places, or things of that type, to get to know more about the area in which you are. It can be interesting in certain cities.
- Find places with Siri: Apple’s digital assistant performs many more functions than it did in the beginning, and one of them is included in the Maps application. You can use Siri on your iPhone or iPad to find places near you. Find parks, restaurants, or even ask Siri to tell you “Get Directions…” to a specific location. You can also ask him to show you the map to get somewhere, and some other things that you can find out yourself.
View All Result