Does this concept sound familiar to you? Maybe not, but charging stations are becoming more and more common.
The electric car boom has made it necessary to have a network of recharging stations in order to increase its autonomy when the battery fails. In this article we will discover what are the electrolineras and how is their operation. In Spain there are currently almost 10,000 charging stations.
Electrolineras: what they are and how they work
The electrolineras are the equivalent of traditional service stations, but equipped with charging points. They can be used for free, as we can do in a shopping center, or by paying for the energy consumed. The electric stations They then function in the same way as a normal gas station, although it takes longer to refuel.
As a general rule, it is the user himself who performs the recharging task. There are more and more electric stations whose supply points are fast or ultra-fast charging, so as not to have to spend more time than necessary on this task. The charging stations also have a shop or restaurant area to make the wait more enjoyable.
Types of charging stations
The charging stations can be grouped according to the way in which the energy is supplied to the car. In our country, they are regulated by Royal Decree 647/2011. As a curiosity, anyone can sell their electricity and become a supplier.
How an electric car engine works, explained easily How an electric car engine works,…
- Mode 1: it is the slowest system, because we can use up to 8 hours to fully recharge the car. The socket is done using a standard cable and we must check when the car is ready. It does not provide any kind of notice.
- Mode 2: it is the same system as the previous one, although there is a mechanism that It is responsible for notifying the user when the load has been completed.
- Mode 3 or Wallbox: capable of charging the car between 3 and 4 hours.
- Mode 4 or fast charge: Ideal to have the car ready in a short time. Are able to charge the battery up to 70% in just 30 minutes. It is the usual charging system for charging stations and recharging points in shopping centres.
- Superchargers (Tesla): the North American manufacturer has exclusive charging stations throughout the country, with 35 stations throughout the country. The price of charging your battery is quite low, but you must have a Tesla if you wish to use its stations. From Tesla’s own website you can learn about the entire world network.
How to find charging stations
Perhaps the easiest option is to use an app, specifically Electromaps. Available for any operating system, makes it possible to find the nearest charging station to your location, providing precise information on the type of connector it has. This way you will know what you are going to find in advance.
Users of electric cars can thus fight against “range anxiety”. It is the fear of being stranded on a long trip. For that reason, most of them have charging ports in their garages, and thus be able to face the trip with more peace of mind. When it comes to refueling during the journey, the use of this application or any of the similar ones that we can find from our phone, makes it possible that this anguish is no longer such.
Related topics: Engine