In addition to the music we listen to or the podcasts we listen to, our AirPods make other kinds of sounds. No, they are not our imaginations, there are several sounds that indicate different changes in state of the AirPods. Changes like connecting to a new device, for example. Let’s see what these sounds are and what they mean.
Different sounds depending on the state of our headphones
There are several sounds that we can hear when using our AirPods. The same let’s talk about the AirPods 3, the AirPods Pro and even the AirPods Max. The list of possibilities, and their meaningis the next:
- Connecting to a new device: a sound like tu-tun, with a slightly higher tone in the second part, indicates that our AirPods have been connected to a device. We will hear this sound regardless of whether it is the first time we connect the AirPods to the device or the one a thousand years ago. It is simply an indicator that the connection has been established.
- Device disconnection: a sound like tun-tudwith the second tone noticeably lower, indicates that our AirPods have been disconnected from the device they were linked to.
- Low battery: a sound similar to thud-thud-tud-tut-dud, each sound being lower than the previous one, indicates that the AirPods are running out of battery. The first of these sounds warns when the battery percentage drops to 10%. A second warning sounds just before the AirPods turn off having completely depleted the battery.
- Siri: the familiar sound of Siri is also present on the AirPods. with something like a ting ting fast, the headphones will let us know that our assistant is ready for our requests.
- Noise cancellation on: a sound like dooquite sharp, indicates that noise cancellation is activated.
- Noise cancellation off: if we deactivate noise cancellation, the sound we will hear is a doo much more serious.
- Transparency mode on: with the transparency mode activated we will hear a double doo-doowhich will indicate that our AirPods will let the ambient sound through so that we have a better context of what surrounds us.
Together we have a fairly varied range of sounds with which our AirPods communicate their different states to us. Some sounds that, it must be said, have a meaning pretty easy to figure out. Thus, the next time we hear a beep in our AirPods we will know exactly what they are trying to tell us.