Though WhatsApp does not stand out for being the instant messaging platform with the best features, we must recognize that its main feature is security, since they have end-to-end encryption, a mechanism that guarantees your privacy and allows only you and the person with whom you chat are the only ones able to read, see and listen to everything that is sent in a conversation. The aforementioned encryption of messages is related to the following notice: “changed your security code”, Do you want to know what it means and why it appears in personal or group chats? From Depor we will explain it below.
It is necessary to emphasize that it is not something negative or a danger for you or your contacts, in fact, WhatsApp is reinforcing the security and privacy of your conversations when the aforementioned warning appears. The same application reported through its official blog that each chat is encrypted and has its own security code that is used to verify that the calls, video calls and messages you send or receive are encrypted.
- The security code of the conversations of WhatsApp it changes every day or hour so that no cybercriminal can hack your account and investigate the information of all your chats.
- In addition, this notice also appears when you or the person you are chatting with reinstalls the app, opens your account on another mobile device, or changes your phone number.
- Where is the security code? open a chat and click on their name, the app will take you to the “contact information” section.
- Now, scroll down and click on the “Encryption” section. A QR code will appear with a 60-digit number, this is the code.
- If you want to receive security notifications when you change the code of a chat, from the same section click on the “activate” option located in the upper right corner.
As recalled, whatsapp plus It is considered an “Unofficial Application” by the Meta company (Facebook), due to this it is not found in the Android Google Play. In order to install it on your cell phone, you must download the APK from external sites and we will immediately teach you the steps you must follow:
- Before downloading the APK, you must activate the Android “Installation to unknown sources” option, to do this go to the “Settings” of your cell phone > “Security” > and turn on the switch called “Unknown sources”.
- Remember that you must delete your Official WhatsApp account so that with your number you can create a new one in whatsapp plus.
- Then download the APK by clicking here.
- The next step is to install the program, just tap on the file and launch it on the mobile.
- Finally, open the Plus version and follow the steps to create your account.