Bizum is the easiest and fastest way to send money and make small payments. It is so easy to move your money through Bizum that sometimes that can be a problem. And it is that, being an instant payment system, It scares you when someone sends you money and you don’t get the Bizum notification on your mobileeven though you have verified the proof of the transfer.
The first thing you think is that the money went to someone else, but the reality is that most of the time it is a notification problem. Yes, sometimes Bizum notifications fail, so your mobile does not receive them even though you already have the money in your account. However, this inconvenience is usually the fault of your smartphone and not of Bizum itself. But don’t worry, because you can easily fix it as we explain below.
If you do not receive notifications from Bizum, it is for one of these reasons
Although it is obvious, it should be clarified that when a Bizum is not sent due to an error or another reason, the notification will not reach the recipient’s mobile because the payment was not completed. If you or someone else is trying to make a Bizum, but it is not being sent, we recommend searching for the bank in Downdetector to find out if there is a problem with the platform in general or if it is a specific problem that affects you.
Now, if everything is in order and all the banks are working properly, but your mobile still doesn’t receive notifications from Bizumthe problem may be one of the following:
- Your telephone is throttling background processespossibly because the battery saver feature is active.
- Bank app notifications are disabled.
- Data saver or privacy features are preventing notifications from coming through.
- You are not connected to the Internet or you have a bad connection.
- There is a bug or error in your mobile that affects the notification system.
The solutions to these problems are quite simple, so don’t worry. Next, we show you all of them. Apply each of them in the order they are shown until find the specific solution for you.
What to do if I don’t receive notifications from Bizum on my mobile?
Here you have all the possible solutions to see Bizum notifications if they are not reaching your mobile.
Turn off battery saver and background usage limits
As each mobile is different in terms of options, we cannot show you the exact way to turn off battery saver mode and background usage limits on your specific smartphone. However, it is usually disabled like this:
- open the Setting of your mobile.
- Go to the section of Drums.
- Turn off whatever option it says battery saving or similar.
- You should also see a battery saving option for specific apps. access it and disable limitations for your bank app and for the messaging app.
You can also go directly to Settings > Apps and select your bank’s app from there. Next, look for an option related to battery saving and background throttling, and disable them so that the app can work without background throttling.
Turn off data saver and data usage restriction
Normally, sliding the notification bar down, you should see the button that activates / deactivates the data saving mode. What this mode does is limit internet access so only essential apps can connect to the network, and your bank’s app may not be considered one of them. Therefore, we recommend that you do the following:
- Turn off data saving mode from the notification bar if possible.
- Next, go to Settings > Apps to select your bank’s app and view its settings.
- Check in the permissions that there is nothing that prevents you from accessing the Internet. Also, make sure that in the option called “Restrict data usage” or similar, the app can use WiFi and mobile data to connect to the Internet in background.
That should be enough to solve the problem of Bizum notifications not arriving. Remember to carry out this procedure both with your bank’s app and with the messaging app.
Make sure that Bizum notifications are active in the app and on the mobile
There is also the possibility that notifications from Bizum, or rather from the bank application and messages, are deactivated. To activate them, you must do the following:
- Go into Settings > Apps.
- Select your bank’s app first (then you should do it with the messages app too, just in case).
- Go to the section of Notifications and check that everything is active.
- Later, open the bank app and go to its settings. Within the app, look for a notification section and check that everything is in order.
In short, check that Bizum notifications are active both in the bank app and on the phone.
Check your internet connection and turn off airplane mode
If the Internet you are connected to is very slow, Bizum notifications will take longer than usual to arrive. Also, don’t forget that airplane mode disables all connectivity, including WiFi and the mobile network, which are necessary to receive notifications from Bizum. So swipe down your android notification bar, make sure airplane mode is off and that you are connected to a quality Internet.
Update everything you can and restart the mobile
If the problem is due to a bug or a system failure, usually a device update or reboot will resolve it. Apply these solutions to check it:
- Update your smartphone from Settings > About phone > Update (the path and the name of the options may vary depending on the mobile you have).
- On the other hand, look for Google Play Services in Settings > Apps (you may have to turn on the “Show system apps” option to find it). Select it, click on Force stop and then on Uninstall updates. Wait for the app to update automatically and the problem should be solved.
- Also go to Google Play Store and search for your bank’s app. If an update is available for this app, tap Update.
- Finally, restart the mobile.
Check SMS spam protection
Finally, if you are not receiving the Bizum confirmation by SMS messages either, it is possible that these are going to the spam folder. To check, go to the Messages app settings and check that you have not muted or marked Bizum’s messages as spam in the option called “SPAM Protection” or similar.
Clever! We hope that with all these solutions you can now receive notifications from Bizum on your mobile without problems. By the way, if you are interested in using Bizum like a pro, see how to send a Bizum via WhatsApp and the tips to avoid being scammed with Bizum.