Don’t worry, you can rest assured that you are not the only person who has been annoyed to see their black screen when they are listening to a voice memo. Without a doubt, we are talking about a much more common problem than anyone imagines. But, Why does the screen of my Xiaomi mobile go black with WhatsApp audio? Keep reading and you will find out once and for all.
This drawback has affected many users of Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phones in all parts of the world. Some people ignore it, because they can deal with it and don’t pay attention to it. However, no one can deny that it is an annoying problem and that on some occasions it can be a headache.
Why does the screen of your Xiaomi go black with a WhatsApp audio?
Today we will explain why the screen of your Xiaomi mobile goes black with a WhatsApp audio. So if you were already tired of having a hard time due to this fault present in many devices of the popular Asian brand, then you have come to the right place.
When the screen goes black when listening to WhatsApp audio, the problem is due to the proximity sensor that is failing so much in the new generations of Xiaomi mobiles (and in the old ones too). In a mobile, the proximity sensor is used to detect the presence of objects that are nearby without physical contact. In addition to being present in mobile phones, these are found in transportation systems, parking sensors and warning systems.
In your Xiaomi mobile, the proximity sensor is responsible for automatically turning off the screen when it detects that it is in your pocket or in your ear. But when not calibrated, it makes false detections and the screen turns off creating a rather annoying error. Be that as it may, there are several methods to solve this problem:
Calibrate the proximity sensor of your XIaomi
There is a very simple way to configure the proximity sensor. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go to the app Telephone of your Xiaomi and press the call button.
- Enter this code *#*#6484#*#* on the marker.
- Doing so will bring you to a hidden menu with a bunch of different sensors. look for the one that says Proximity sensor test which corresponds to the proximity sensor.
- When you click here, you must put your finger on the proximity sensor until the number on the screen changes from five to zero (the sensor is easy to locate because it is usually housed on top of devices).
It is done! This should help you calibrate proximity sensor easy and fast.
Disable proximity sensor
eye! This method works only if your Xiaomi has MIUI 12.04 or earlier versions, since the brand has disappeared this function with the arrival of MIUI 12.05. Similarly, this is all you need to do to disable the proximity sensor.
- open the Setting of your Xiaomi.
- Go to the section of Applications.
- Get into the Settings of system applications.
- get in Call settings.
- Touch where it says Incoming call settings.
- There you will see the switch for enable or disable the proximity sensor.
Clever! That is all you need to do to disable the proximity sensor on your Xiaomi. If the sensor causes your screen to go black when listening to WhatsApp audio, we recommend that you disable it momentarily and then enable it again.
On the other hand, we also invite you to see this article that explains how to remove notifications on Xiaomi. Deactivate everything that disturbs your peace!