- Android: how to know if the microSD card of your cell phone is fake
- Android: what happens if you decide not to update the operating system of your cell phone
A fairly common problem among users who have a phone with operating system Android, is that when using an application that requires GPS activation, such as: Google Maps, Waze, Uber, etc., it does not show you the correct address after sharing it or seeing it in real time, why does this happen and how can you fix it? From Mag we will explain it below.
GPS is one of the most used functions in devices Androidsince when ordering a taxi you necessarily have to turn it on, the same thing happens when you want to send an address through instant messaging applications such as Telegram or WhatsApp, without a doubt it is an element that, if it does not work correctly, would be directly affecting your routine daily.
THIS SHOULD BE DONE IF THE GPS OF YOUR ANDROID MOBILE DOES NOT WORK
The cell phone points the right direction
It is one of the simplest solutions that does not require configurations or technical aspects, it is enough to turn your cell phone so that its compass is oriented and shows you the correct direction, so you will no longer have problems when you want to go somewhere or share your Location.
Calibrate the compass
- You can calibrate the compass of your mobile with the help of Google MapsTherefore, make sure that the app does not have pending updates in the Google Play Store.
- Open the application and click on the icon of your profile picture that is located in the upper right corner.
- Now go to “Settings”.
- Finally, tap on the option that says “Improve location accuracy” > “Calibrate”.
It is a problem that occurs when you are in closed spaces, such as tunnels, subways, basements, etc., get out of these places because they generally block the satellite signal gps. This is a temporary problem, since when you are back on open sites everything will return to normal.
Improve location accuracy
- Access the “Settings” of the cell phone.
- The next step is to press the “Location” section or something similar, remember that the name of the options may vary slightly depending on the brand or model.
- Here you are going to click on the “Location Services” section.
- Then click on “Google Location Accuracy”.
- Finally, turn on the “Improve location accuracy” switch.
WHAT DOES THE “NEARBY” OPTION MEAN ON YOUR ANDROID MOBILE
- Surely when you pulled down the notification bar you saw the “Nearby” icon.
- This is represented as a knotted bow. What is it for?
- Well, like Bluetooth, it tends to be able to share all the photos and videos you want in seconds.
- This is much faster than infrared or Bluetooth itself.
- To be able to activate it, you simply have to link your cell phone with the other mobile in order to share information.
- Best of all, you don’t need mobile data or connect to the same Wi-Fi network to use it.
- “Nearby” is characterized by being fast and stable during the transfer of photos or videos from one cell phone to another.
Follow us on our social networks: